XP21 Heat Pump
Here are some of the top features of the XP21:
- Efficiency rating of up to 19.20 SEER / 9.70 HSPF can save you hundreds of dollars each year**, compared to a standard heat pump.
- ENERGY STAR® certified which means the heat pump meets or exceeds U.S. federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
- SunSource® Solar-Ready option allows you to add solar modules and create a solar powered system that generates electricity for your heat pump and more.
- Two-Stage cooling allows the XP21 to run more efficiently and produce more even temperatures than a conventional single-stage system.
- SilentComfort™ technology delivers sounds levels as low as 67db, providing the ultimate in quiet, consistent cooling.
- SilentComfort™ Outdoor Fan Motor with Composite Fan Blades provides extremely reliable starting and running performance, even under the harshest outdoor conditions.
This product has been designated as one of the Most Efficient ENERGY STAR certified products in 2016. Products that are recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR in 2016 prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting rigorous energy efficiency performance levels set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- The most quiet and efficient heat pump you can buy*
- Efficiency ratings of up to 19.20 SEER and 9.70 HSPF—nearly twice as efficient as a standard heat pump
- ENERGY STAR® certified—meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency
- SunSource® Solar-Ready option—allows you to add solar modules and create a solar powered system that generates electricity for your heat pump and more, reducing energy consumption and utility costs
- iComfort®-enabled technology—allows the heat pump, when installed with the easy-to-use programmable iComfort Wi-Fi® Touchscreen Thermostat, to exchange information and make adjustments as needed to optimize performance and efficiency***
- High-efficiency outdoor coil—provides exceptional heat transfer and low air resistance for high-efficiency operation that can lower your cooling bills
- Dual-fuel capability—can be combined with a gas furnace to enhance comfort and fuel efficiency by alternating between electric and gas heat, optimizing energy use and minimizing heating costs
- Federal, state and local tax rebates and incentives may be available with a SunSource solar installation.†
- The most quiet and efficient heat pump you can buy*
SilentComfort™ technology delivers sounds levels as low as 67db, providing the ultimate in quiet, consistent cooling.
- SilentComfort™ Fan Grille—uses patent-pending, vortex-suppression technology to reduce sound of airflow exiting unit, providing a quieter environment outside your home
- Precision molded compressor sound cover—minimizes operating sounds
- Insulated compressor compartment—minimizes operating sounds with innovative materials and industry-leading, vibration-isolating mounts
- Dependable two-stage scroll compressor with Silent Comfort technology—operates at low stage most of the time for quieter, more efficient performance
- Humiditrol® whole-home dehumidification system††compatible—allowing the system to manage the moisture in your home’s air for greater comfort and improved indoor air quality
- SilentComfort™ Outdoor Fan Motor with Composite Fan Blades—provides extremely reliable starting and running performance, even under the harshest outdoor conditions
- IntelliFrost® Defrost Control— helps prevent freezing and icing of the fan blade to ensure reliable operation
- PermaGuard™ Cabinet—heavy-gauge, galvanized steel construction, louver coil guard, baked-on powder finish and durable zinc-coated steel base provide long-lasting protection against rust and corrosion.
- SmartHinge™ louver design—allows quick, easy access to interior components from all sides for cleaning and maintenance. Protects coils from damage and provides clean appearance
- Renewable energy resource—delivers environmental benefits when upgraded to a SunSource® Home Energy System that turns solar energy into electricity for your home
- Chlorine-free R-410A refrigerant—provides exceptional comfort without exacting a costly environmental toll
*A combination of sound ratings established per AHRI’s test standard: 270-2008 (August 2013); and efficiency ratings established per AHRI’s test standard: ANSI/AHRI 210/240-2008 of two-stage central AC/HP equipment
**This chart compares the 5-year savings you can expect from a 19.20 SEER/9.70 HSPF heat pump vs. existing equipment with a 10.00 SEER/6.80 HSPF rating and industry-standard equipment with a 13.00 SEER/7.70 HSPF rating. The region used to calculate household fuel and utility costs reflect a cross-section of cities in the U.S. In addition to geography, cooling costs are based on 3-ton capacity specifications, with 800 cooling hours, 2,250 heating hours per year and 11.62 cents per KWh (Source: EIA National average electric rate-Rolling 12 months ending July 2009). Your actual costs will vary depending on the weather, local fuel rates, system settings and your personal lifestyle.
***iComfort Wi-Fi® Touchscreen Thermostat must be installed with an iComfort-enabled indoor unit for maximum performance.
†Consult your tax expert before claiming energy efficiency tax credits.
††Must be accompanied by either a variable speed air handler or furnace and the ComfortSense® 7000 Series touchscreen thermostat.