XP16 Heat Pump
Here are some of the top features of the XP16:
- Efficiency rating of up to 17.00 SEER / 9.50 HSPF can save you hundreds of dollars each year*, compared to a standard heat pump.
- Two-stage scroll compressor operates at low stage most of the time for quieter, more efficient performance.
- Precision-balanced direct-drive fan delivers ultra-quiet operation with a patent-pending fan design.
The XP16 operates at its lower speed most of the time for the greatest energy savings. During periods of increased heating or cooling demand, it ramps up to its higher speed.
- Efficiency ratings of up to 17.00 SEER and 9.50 HSPF—can save you hundreds of dollars a year, compared to a standard heat pump
- High-efficiency outdoor coil—provides exceptional heat transfer and low air resistance for high-efficiency operation
- Dual-fuel capability—can be combined with a gas furnace to enhance comfort and fuel efficiency by alternating between electric and gas heat, optimizing energy use and minimizing heating costs
- Sound levels as low as 74 dB—much quieter than a standard heat pump
- Precision-balanced direct-drive fan—delivers ultra-quiet operation with a patented-pending fan design
- Two-stage scroll compressor—operates at low stage most of the time for quieter, more efficient performance
- Designed to work with the Humiditrol® whole-home dehumidification system**
- PermaGuard™ Cabinet—heavy-gauge, galvanized steel construction, louver coil guard, baked-on powder finish and durable zinc-coated steel base provide long-lasting protection against rust and corrosion.
- SmartHinge™ louver design—allows quick, easy access to interior components from all sides for cleaning and maintenance. Protects coils from damage and provides clean appearance
- Drainage holes—prevent damaging moisture from collecting inside the basepan
- Chlorine-free R-410A refrigerant—provides exceptional comfort without exacting a costly environmental toll
*This chart compares the 5-year savings you can expect from a 16.50 SEER/9.50 HSPF heat pump vs. existing equipment with a 10.00 SEER/6.80 HSPF rating and industry-standard equipment with a 13.00 SEER/7.70 HSPF rating. The region used to calculate household fuel and utility costs reflect a cross-section of cities in the U.S. In addition to geography, cooling costs are based on 3-ton capacity specifications, with 650 cooling hours, 2,400 heating hours per year and 11.62 cents per KWh (Source: EIA National average electric rate-Rolling 12 months ending July 2009). Your actual costs will vary depending on the weather, local fuel rates, system settings and your personal lifestyle.
**Must be accompanied by either a variable speed air handler or furnace and the ComfortSense® 7000 Series touchscreen thermostat.